Saturday 28 December 2013

A Vase of Roses

'A Vase of Roses' by Neil Burley

I hope it's obvious that I've used Sketch No. 1 from this month's theme! I had recently come across this Cling Vase Bouquet stamp from Stampendous, and thought it would be perfect for ProMarkers. As it happens, I decided to use AquaMarkers first...

I printed the stamp on to good quality watercolour paper using Archival Jet Black ink before adding Sunburst Yellow, Marigold, Rose Blush and Gold Ochre to the petals, Fern Green and Viridian to the leaves, Periwinkle for the background and Granite for the shadow. Blend with a water brush. I've mounted onto Bazzill card stock, used Buttercup and Cantaloupe Liquid Pearls to embellish and mounted the lot onto an 8x8" card.

If anyone would like a step-by-step guide to colouring, let me know :)


3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous with the sunny yellow colouring. Loving the detail on the side.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 130,000 Page View Give-Away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck. }
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours & great use of the sketch Neil!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card - I love how you did the rolled paper - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete